About a month ago, I met up with a friend for the first time in over a year. We tried to hang out sooner, but it really just never happened (we live really far from each other). So, when she asked about what’s new in my life, I realized what tremendous changes have occurred in such a short time. The same is true with you, blogging friends. I haven’t been here since April, so I have a lot to tell you.
- My dad was diagnosed with cancer in July. He’s doing great now–praise the Lord–but still getting better, so I’d appreciate your prayers on that one. :). He’s currently on a targeted therapy drug that is really working wonderfully. The doctor said that it would be great if we saw NO change (as in, no growth) on the follow-up scan last month. We ended up seeing that almost all tumors had shrunk by half/become half as active. Some had even disappeared completely. So praise God for that!
- I got accepted to medical school!! Currently trying to double check that it’s the right one for me (side note: I’ve been trying to check that for about a month). I think I’m probably just gonna run with it, Lord willing!
- I’m starting a pre-marriage class with my boyfriend tonight! I have been so excited about this for the last few days. I think it’s just so thrilling to be talking about marriage :).
- I’m graduating from college this semester…to go to above mentioned medical school (probably). I’m so excited!
- I’ve been working as an RA at my school this year. It has been challenging and rewarding.
Well, I guess that’s it for me. If we were getting coffee and catching up, this would be the part where I take a huge gulp of my super sweet mocha.